November 17, 2007

Posted by jinson on 2:46 PM No comments

This is what I had for breakfast today. On my Raya open house, a friend of mine bought me a package of shrimp rolls. It was real good but lacking of some few ingredients. You know me, always try to add a little something... so I decided to make my own shrimp rolls. The friedfish balls my hubby bought in Ann Arbor. All I had to do was fried them. I found the recipe for keropok lekor. Will be trying it out next weekend. I'm so excited...hadn't eaten it for a long while. I'm so hungry...:)

Recipe: Shrimp Rolls

Things you need...
10 or more raw shrimp
spring roll wrappers
onion powder
garlic powder
chili powder
sesame seed oil
salt & pepper (black & white) to taste
1 egg (beat lightly for sealing purposes)

Remove the shell of the shrimp but leave a little bit of the tail on.
In a bowl, add 5 dashes of onion powder, 5 dashes of garlic powder, chili powder however hot you want it, add white and black pepper and salt to taste.
Marinade it for about 15 minutes.
Add a few dashes of sesame seed oil before you wrap it with the spring roll wrapper.
Deep fry the shrimp rolls until golden brown.
Serve hot with chili sauce.
Hope you enjoy.
Categories: ,

0 comments: