November 20, 2007

Posted by jinson on 8:51 PM 2 comments
This is one of my favorite kuih that my mom always make for Raya. For the past 9 years that I have been here, my mom, despite her busy schedule fulfilling Raya orders, she always managed to shipped some to me. This year I was brave enough to make them by myself.

Recipe: Kuih Makmur

Things you need...
1 cup unbleached flour
1 cup ground roasted spanish peanuts
1 stick of butter/ghee
1/2 cup of sugar
1 egg
icing sugar

In a bowl, mix in the flour, sugar and peanuts thoroughly before adding in the egg.
Melt the stick of butter in the microwave for about 35 seconds and slowly add it in the mixture until it forms into a peanut dough. If the mixture does not form into dough, just add more butter. It won't hurt. :)
Take a small piece of the dough and roll it into a small ball.
Preheat the oven at 350. The key to this is to cook it slowly on low heat. I once cook it on high heat and it turn out as hard as a rock. Nasib baik tak patah gigi. :)
Once it is done, about 20 minutes, move the kuih into a small bowl and add icing sugar over it. Make sure the kuih is cover in sugar completely.


Enjoy...
Categories: ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right, I cooked it at high temperature and it turned out hard. How long do you cook for? How do you know when they are cooked?

Abugigi said...

I think I cooked it for about 30 to 40 minutes. I was busy making preparations for my open house, I completely forgot to keep track of how long I kept it in the oven. :)To determined whether they are cooked or not, I just took one of them out and tasted it.