October 30, 2007

Posted by jinson on 4:55 PM No comments
Yah! I found her!!! This is her website http://www.cookingismypassion.blogspot.com/ I should change my blog that says eating is my passion, gaining pounds and proud of it!!! LOL
Her mango cupcakes look absolutely delicious. Maybe I'll try it this weekend also with the apam suri ayu. I have been looking for this recipe for a long while...try 11 years. I loved it when my great grandmother makes them. Before I transferred, I wanted sooo bad to ask her to make them for me, but didn't have the heart to force her. Same with all other tradisional kuih/kueh that my nenek and mama tua used to make. You know I regret not learning it from them since I spend so much time with them. I remember waking up...I think it was 4 in the morning to help my nenek to make her kuih since she sells them at a nearby elementary school. Well, I didn't wake up at 4am. I only opened my eyes and went back to sleep and wake up again when I hear my nenek nagging at me...hehehe... I miss those days... I still wonder why she locks my door at night when I go to sleep???
And I would like to thank banyak-banyak to my friend Dini for remembering the name of the kuih that I wanted so bad and searching the www for the recipe. Kecian dia... she went to bed at 3 in the morning!!! Anywho, I hope it turns out as good as it looks in the picture she sent me. :)
Categories:

0 comments: